Total Time 25 Min
Active Time 20 Min
Prep Time 5 Min
Salsa macha is a unique and delicious Mexican salsa. It has an addictive smoky flavor and it goes great with many of your favorite foods.
½ tbsp of sesame seeds
1 1/3 cup of olive oil
3 garlic cloves
15 morita chilies seeds removed
5 arbol chilies seeds removed
2 tbsp vinegar (try our El Yuka Vinagre Blanco de Caña)
salt to taste
- Heat a pot over medium heat and toast the sesame seeds.
- Transfer the seeds to a blender.
- Add the oil to the pot.
- When oil is hot add the morita chilies and fry until the chilies start to puff up. This should take less than 30 seconds.
- Transfer chilies to blender. Then fry the arbol chilies for a few seconds until slightly darkened in color. Then transfer to blender.
- Fry the garlic cloves until they turn a golden color and transfer to blender.
- Let the chilies and the oil in the blender cool for about 10-15 min.
- Blend the ingredients for about 10 seconds or until ground into a pulp, add a little bit of the oil if needed.
- Add the rest of the oil and blend for 20 seconds more.
- Transfer salsa to a bowl and add vinegar and salt to taste.
- Serve and refrigerate any leftovers.