Vegetable quesadillas are very nutritious and have few calories. They are easy to make, economical and the best part is that you can use whatever you have in the refrigerator.
Total Time 30 Min
Active Time 20 Min
Prep Time 10 Min
4 flour tortillas
½ red pepper
½ green pepper
150g cottage cheese or queso fresco
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt to taste
Ground black pepper to taste
1. Cut the zucchini, red pepper, green pepper and onions into small cubes or stripes.
2. In a hot pan add the olive oil and when ready add the vegetables. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
3. When the vegetables are cooked, turn off the heat and let them cool for a few minutes.
4. Heat the four tortillas in a frying pan or comal over medium heat.
5. Add the stuffing to a tortilla, add some cheese and cover it with the other flour tortilla.
6. Place the quesadilla in the pan where we fried the vegetables and lower the heat. Turn the quesadilla, so that it‘s cooked on both sides and that the cheese melts.
7. If you like you can cut the quesadilla into two or four parts.