Total Time 35 Min
Active Time 15 Min
Prep Time 10 Min
Recipe of the famous divorced eggs, typical Mexican dish for breakfast.
8 corn tortillas
INGREDIENTS FOR THE RED SAUCE
¼ cup of oil
½ onion finely chopped
1 garlic clove finely chopped
2 tomatoes finely chopped
½ chile serrano finely chopped
freshly ground black peppers
INGREDIENTS FOR THE GREEN SAUCE
3 cups of water
2 ½ teaspoons of salt
1 garlic clove
2 Serrano chiles (or more if you like it really spicy)
½ kilo of green tomato without shell
½ cup cilantro
¼ cup chopped onion
INSTRUCTIONS TO PREPARE THE RED SAUCE
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a small saucepan.
2. Sauté the onion and garlic without letting them brown.
3. Add the tomato and continue for 2 minutes.
4. Add the chili, salt, and pepper, cook 3 more minutes.
TO PREPARE THE GREEN SAUCE
1. In a saucepan, put the water and 1 teaspoon of salt and heat until it starts to boil.
2. Add the garlic, onion, chilies and green tomatoes and cook uncovered for 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Drain and reserve ½ cup (125ml) of the liquid.
4.Grind the garlic, chilies and green tomatoes in the food processor with the reserved liquid.
5. Add the cilantro and the rest of the salt and process lightly. Pass the mixture to a container and set aside.
1. Heat the rest of the oil in a pan, put the tortilla and fry it for 30 seconds. Take it out and drain it.
2. With very little oil fry the eggs, both at the same time, leaving the solid white and the liquid yolk.
3. Place the tortillas on a plate, put fried eggs on top and bathe with green sauce and tomato sauce. Serve hot with refried beans. (Check out our Isadora or San Marcos refried beans)