Total Time 20 Min
Active Time 5 Min
Prep Time 15 Min
There is really no recipe for the gallo pinto, since each region and even each family has its own. However, there are some essential common ingredients like rice, beans and ... Lizano sauce!
400g cooked rice
500g black beans (precooked with liquid)
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
½ bunch of coriander
Lizano sauce (find it in our shop)
Eggs, scrambled or fried
- Heat a skillet, add a little oil and sauté the red peppers and onions.
- When the onions are translucent (after 8 to 10 minutes), add the garlic and continue to sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the black beans with their liquid and 2 tablespoons of Lizano sauce (or more if you like).
- After 3 minutes, add the rice and stir gently. Continue cooking for a few minutes.
- Add the coriander. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy a traditional recipe from Costa Rica.