Total Time 40 Min
Active Time 30 Min
Prep Time 10 Min
This shrimp aguachile is perfect for fresh days or where you want something simple, fast and delicious.
400 gr to 500 gr raw shrimp
¾ lemon juice cup
½ cucumber, peeled and seedless
2 to 4 serrano chiles, minced (try our Labizet Chile Serrano Seco)
½ cup cilantro leaves
¼ purple onion, filleted
Avocado, to serve
Tostadas or totopos, to serve
Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Peel and clean the shrimp, remove the head if they still have it and the venita or black strip. Cut them along to make a butterfly cut, you can cut them completely or leave the shrimp in the shape of a butterfly.
- Peel the cucumber, cut in half, remove the seeds and cut into half moons, about ½ centimetres.
- Blend the lemon juice, serrano peppers, cilantro, salt and pepper. If you do not like it very spicy, you can remove the seeds from the serrano pepper before liquefying it, if you like it very spicy, leave the seeds and add more chile to taste.
- Place the shrimp in a bowl or dish, cover with the mixture of lemon and chile and marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- After, mix the shrimp with the cucumber and with the purple onion.
- Season to taste if necessary, garnish with avocado and serve with tostadas or totopos.